A personal loan can help you manage your finances more affordably. With a fixed payment and term, you'll know exactly when it will be paid off.
How it works
- Enjoy a rate as low as 9.99% APR.1
- Borrow from $100 to $50,000.
- Use it for almost anything: consolidating higher-interest debt,2 dealing with an emergency expense, or financing a big purchase — even a motorcycle, boat or RV.
- Choose a term to fit your budget, up to 60 months.1
- Pay zero fees for origination or early payoff.
- Flexibility to skip up to three payments over the life of the loan.3
- Automatically lower your rate by 0.50% for every year you make on-time payments.4
What you need
- Have a SchoolsFirst FCU account in good standing.
- Complete a loan application and credit check.
Things you should know
- To get lowest APR, you must make payments by automatic transfer from your SchoolsFirst FCU checking or savings account.1
Log in to Online Banking to get started.
(800) 462-8328 ext. 6557
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
For loans with the purpose of post-secondary education expenses, additional disclosures and completion of a self-certification form are required. The borrower must sign and complete a self-certification form before funds can be disbursed on a Special Curriculum, Higher Education, or Personal loan for the purpose of post-secondary education expenses. In addition, the borrower has a three-day rescission period. During the rescission period, the borrower can cancel the loan and the lender cannot disburse loan funds. The rescission period starts when all applicable loan documents have been signed by the borrower(s).
- Lowest rate reflects a 0.75% discount for payment made by automatic transfer from your SchoolsFirst FCU account. Rates range between 9.99% APR (min.) – 18.00% APR (max.). Loan terms range between 4 – 60 months. Rate may vary based on term selected; payment is based on rate, term and loan amount. Minimum payment is $25. Estimated payment of $3.23 per $100 borrowed based on 9.99% APR and 36 month term.
- The relative benefits of a loan for debt consolidation depend on your individual circumstances.
- Subject to approval. Interest will continue to accrue during the skip payment period. Must have made the last 12 consecutive loan payments on time. All loan and share accounts must be in good standing. Valid on select personal loans. Program subject to change or cancellation. Limited to one skip per 12 months.
- Subject to eligibility. Rate may be reduced by up to 0.50% APR increments after 12 consecutive on-time payments. Maximum rate reduction will not exceed lowest APR offered at the time of funding and the maximum number of rate reductions are determined by eligibility. Monthly payment will remain the same, with additional money applied as per the Loan and Security Agreement. This may shorten the term of the loan and total interest paid over the life of the loan.
30,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Eligible Colleagues
Invite them to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!