SCHOOLSFIRST RETIREMENT PLANNING
403(b) & 457(b)
Our Retirement Builder Plan is designed to help school employees supplement their pensions and save for their future, with a variety of options available through Nationwide Financial Services.
Nationwide, a Fortune 100 company based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the United States. It is rated A+ by both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor's.
Retirement Builder Plan offers 403(b), Roth 403(b), and 457(b) plans, and has over 80 different investment options that allow school employees to customize a retirement plan to meet their unique needs.
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
How they work
- Make pre-tax contributions up to $20,500.1
- Watch your earnings grow tax-deferred.
- Borrow from your savings if needed while you're still employed.
- Start taking penalty-free distributions (taxable at your current tax rate as ordinary income) when you reach age 59 ½.
- 457(b) plans allow you to take distributions when you leave your employer or in the case of death, disability or unforeseeable emergency.
How to qualify
- 403(b) plans are for employees of educational institutions and certain non-profits.
- 457(b) is sponsored by some districts for school employees working at least 20 hours a week. Retirement Builder Plan is available to school employees in districts where SchoolsFirst Plan Administration, LLC serves as Third-Party Administrator. We also offer a variety of other state-approved investment provider options.
Would you like to learn more?
Set up a meeting with a retirement advisor.
Ready to sign up?
Enroll now in your 403(b) or 457(b) plans.
ALREADY A PARTICIPANT?
Already have a Nationwide Retirement Builder Plan?
Log in to check your balance, make changes, or request a loan or distribution.
Need online access?
Register to begin managing your Nationwide Retirement Builder Plan online.
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union and SchoolsFirst Retirement Planning registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using SchoolsFirst Retirement Planning and may also be employees of SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union or SchoolsFirst Retirement Planning. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
Not Insured by NCUA or Any Other Government Agency | Not Credit Union Guaranteed | Not Credit Union Deposits or Obligations | May Lose Value
The LPL Financial registered representatives associated with this website may discuss and/or transact business only with residents of the states in which they are properly registered or licensed. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident of any other state.
- This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax advisor.