An FHA loan is a mortgage that is insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), allows a lower down payment, and has greater flexibility in credit requirements than many conventional home loans, making homeownership a possibility for more Members.
Features of our FHA home loans
- Down payment as low as 3.5%.
- 15- and 30-year fixed terms so you have a predictable payment for the life of the loan.1
- Mortgage insurance can be financed as part of the loan, so you need less cash up front.
- You can use gifted funds from a family member, employer, labor union, charitable organization, close friend or certain government homeowner assistance programs for your down payment.2
- Allows for a co-borrower, even if they won't live in the home.
- No loan processing fee through Dec. 31, 2024.3
And with SchoolsFirst FCU Home360®, we'll pair you with an experienced SchoolsFirst FCU real estate loan consultant and participating real estate agent who will guide you through every step of buying your home. Plus, you'll get a 20% rebate on the agent's commission.4
Our loan consultants will answer your questions about financing, find a loan that’s right for you, and help you get prequalified.
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Or schedule a meeting with a loan consultant in person, over the phone or at a branch.
Submit an application
Apply online through our application platform. Log in with your SchoolsFirst FCU user name and password, or as a guest.
If we aren't the best deal, we'll tell you.
If you've shopped around, we'll gladly compare your options to help you make a confident choice — even if that means choosing another lender.
- Principal and interest payments are fixed. Other costs such as property taxes and homeowners insurance may increase over the life of the loan.
- Gift funds must be from a permissible source. The donor may not be, or have any affiliation with, the seller, builder, developer, real estate agent or any other interested party to the transaction. Ask a loan consultant for details.
- Available for all primary residence loan types. Application must be dated no later than 12/31/2024. Fully executed purchase contract on an identified property must be submitted no later than 12/31/2024. Does not apply to equity loan or first mortgage refinances. The amount of processing fee waived is $995 for FHA loans.
- Rebate payment is made by First Team Real Estate or HomeSmart Evergreen Realty. Rebate is credited to your benefit at the close of transaction. Commission will vary. To be eligible for the 20% rebate, Member must complete the transaction with the agent assigned by SchoolsFirst FCU Home360®. Using SchoolsFirst FCU for a mortgage loan is not a requirement to earn the rebate. Purchase price must be greater than $150,000 after all credit adjustments. All rebates are subject to limitations, lender guidelines and other requirements. Certain properties may not be eligible for rebates. Rebate is 20% for purchase only of a residential property in California. Please consult a qualified tax professional for advice on tax implications from receiving a rebate. First Team Real Estate and HomeSmart Evergreen Realty are not affiliated with SchoolsFirst FCU.
30,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Eligible Colleagues
Invite them to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!