If you're looking for a faster way to grow your savings — without the risk of investing — a Share Certificate might be the right move. Share Certificates offer better rates than regular savings, as long as you're willing to leave your money untouched for a set period of time. This makes them great for saving toward a goal.
Unique account features
- Get competitive rates up to APY — among the best in the nation (SEE TODAY'S RATES).1
- Choose the term that's right for you, from 30 days to 60 months.2,5
- Earn more on your savings with daily (not monthly or quarterly) compounding.3
- Know your savings are federally insured up to $250,000.4
Details you should know
- A Share Certificate is the same as a bank Certificate of Deposit.
- One can be opened with as little as $500.
OPEN A SHARE CERTIFICATE
Log in to Online Banking to get started.
Call (800) 462-8328
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield
- Informa Financial Intelligence, financialintelligence.informa.com, has obtained the data from the various financial institutions that it tracks and its accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
- Early withdrawal/account closure subject to penalty; fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- Dividends are calculated and compounded daily from the date of deposit to the date of withdrawal using a 365-day year (366 days in a leap year).
- The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), an arm of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), federally insures SchoolsFirst FCU Members’ deposits to the standard maximum share insurance amount of $250,000.
- At maturity, account automatically renews for the same term at the current rate. During the 10-day grace period, which begins on your maturity date and ends 10 calendar days later, you may change the term or balance of your account or make withdrawals without a penalty.
30,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Eligible Colleagues
Invite them to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!