GUARANTEED ASSET PROTECTION (GAP) PLUS WITH DEDUCTIBLE ASSISTANCE
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Plus is optional protection that is designed to reduce or eliminate the "gap" between your car's actual cash value and what you owe on it.
If your car is stolen and not recovered, or accidentally damaged beyond repair and declared a total loss, your insurance covers its replacement value. But what happens when your loan balance is more than what your settlement pays?
Without GAP Plus, you could be left to pay the difference out of your own pocket.
GAP Plus is particularly valuable if you put little or no money down on your loan, your loan term is longer than 48 months, or you'd struggle to come with cash to pay the "gap."
A one-time fee protects you from this risk for the entire length of your loan up to the program max of 84 months. It's that simple. In addition, GAP Plus may also cancel $1,000 of your next loan with the Credit Union, when you purchase a replacement vehicle.
Our GAP Plus program includes Deductible Assistance which is designed to provide financial relief when your vehicle is damaged but not deemed a total loss. If repairs cost more than your deductible, the deductible amount is applied to your vehicle loan, reducing what you owe.
How GAP Plus With Deductible Assistance Works1
- Original loan balance – $25,000
- Loan balance on the date of loss – $21,000
- Insurance settlement after accident – $16,000
- Remaining unpaid loan balance – $5,000
- Loan balance after GAP benefit – $0
- Available for loans up to 84 months.
- No additional monthly cost.
- No mileage restrictions.
- If you have a total loss, and purchase a replacement vehicle financed through SchoolsFirst FCU, GAP Plus may cancel $1,000 of your new loan.
- If you have an auto insurance claim that results in auto repairs that cost more than your deductible, you can cancel a portion of your loan equal to your deductible, up to $1,000.
GET A QUOTE
Schedule a call with an insurance protection representative.
Call (800) 462-8328, ext. 4389
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3p.m.
Contact an agent by sending an email to email@example.com.
GAP Plus does not: (1) replace your vehicle insurance; (2) provide bodily injury, property damage, liability, or collision insurance; and (3) comply with any financial responsibility law, or any other law, mandating motor vehicle insurance coverage.
Your purchase of MEMBER'S CHOICE™ Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), which includes deductible assistance, is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement you have with Us. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. You will receive the contract before you are required to pay for GAP. You should carefully read the contract for a full explanation of the terms. If you choose GAP, adding the GAP fee to your loan amount will increase the cost of GAP. You may cancel GAP at any time. If you cancel GAP within 90 days you will receive a full refund of any fee paid. GAP-3506132.1-0321-0423
- Information in example provided for illustration purposes only. Actual insurance settlement and GAP Plus benefit may vary.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!
Not a Member?
Joining SchoolsFirst FCU is quick and easy. Apply for Membership today.