Member Education Award
SchoolsFirst FCU has created the Member Education Award (MEA) scholarship program to help hard-working students finance their higher education. MEA scholarships for $500 can be used to purchase books, pay for tuition, or cover other educational expenses.
To be eligible for the MEA scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a SchoolsFirst FCU Member with their own Member number
- Be a graduating high school senior, or a freshman or sophomore at an accredited college
- Have an unweighted grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Register at an accredited college/university for the fall term of the following school year
- If you have between 60 and 80 units, you must be transferring to a 4-year university in Fall of 2014
Eligible applications will be evaluated, and specific award amounts will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Grade point average
- Difficulty of courses completed
- Letters of recommendation
- Community involvement
- School involvement
- Leadership positions
The deadline for the 2014 MEA Scholarships has passed. Please check back for information regarding the 2015 MEA scholarships after Dec. 1, 2014.
If you have applied for the 2014 MEA Scholarship, you will be notified by mail before the end of May.