We're dedicated to a single purpose: being champions for school employees and their families. Having served you for more than 85 years, we understand the financial challenges you face at school and home — whether it's getting through the summer without a paycheck, having to buy your own supplies or uniform, or wondering if your pension will be enough to retire — and design our products and services with you in mind.
What we offer school employees:
- Summer Saver or Paycheck Planner to help you set aside money for the months you don't receive a paycheck.
- 0% APR Uniform Loan and Classroom Supplies Loan.1
- A credit card with 1.5% cash back and interest-only payments during the summer.2
- A mortgage with no private mortgage insurance and a down payment as low as 5%.
- An auto loan with a low, competitive rate and the option to skip two consecutive payments during the summer.3
- Third-party retirement plan administration services offering a variety of 403(b) options.4
- Retirement advisors who understand school employee pensions and how to best supplement them.4
- Once you join, your immediate family members can join too.
A different kind of bank
Unlike a bank, we don't work for profit. Although we offer many of the same products and services, we work for our Members, not shareholders. And we return earnings to you as lower rates on loans, higher rates on savings, low-to-no fees, and many complimentary services.
Do more with your money
You work hard for your money, and we want you to keep more of it. According to a recent report from the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), SchoolsFirst FCU provided more than an estimated $206 million in direct financial benefits to Members in 2019, resulting in a savings of $482 for every Member household. For Member households active in more products and services, the annual benefit grew to $1,824.5,6,7
Access your money anywhere
Deposit checks, pay bills, transfer money, and so much more with Mobile Banking.8 Plus, your ATM or debit card gives you free and unlimited use of more than 30,000 ATMs9 — more than any major bank — through a network of cooperative credit unions.
Membership for you and your family, for life
We serve educational communities in California. You're eligible to join if you are:
- A current or retired school employee of an eligible school.
- An immediate family member of a SchoolsFirst FCU Member, including spouse, domestic partner, parent, sibling, child, grandparent or grandchild.
- An employee of a company whose primary business is to provide a direct service to an eligible school or district in California.
- A college student enrolled in an eligible education program with a student teaching requirement.
And once you join, you're a Member for life — even if you change careers, retire or move out of state.
JOIN SCHOOLSFIRST FCU
We've been helping our Members fund life's most exciting journeys, greatest achievements, and proudest moments for over eight decades. Whatever you want your future to be, we can help you get there.
All loans and credit card subject to approval.
- Rate quoted reflects a 0.75% discount for automatic payment transfer from a SchoolsFirst FCU Savings or Checking account. Requires at least one recently posted payroll deduction or direct deposit of at least $100 for Classroom Supplies loan and $50 for Uniform loan, into a SchoolsFirst FCU share account.
- Earn 1.5% cash back on qualifying purchases. Cash advances, balance transfers, and returns are not eligible for cash back. Deposits will be made monthly to Summer Saver. If Summer Saver maximum contribution limits have been reached, or if no Summer Saver share is open, deposit will be placed in Member's Primary Share 01 (Savings). Account must be open, current and in good standing. Interest-only payments offered during June, July and August. Members must contact SchoolsFirst FCU to confirm eligibility and to take advantage of interest-only payments.
- Restrictions apply. Interest will continue to accrue during the skipped payment period.
- The financial professionals with SchoolsFirst Investment Services and SchoolsFirst Retirement Planning are registered representatives with, and securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (SchoolsFirst FCU), SchoolsFirst Investment Services and SchoolsFirst Retirement Planning registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using SchoolsFirst Investment Services and/or SchoolsFirst Retirement Planning, and may also be employees of SchoolsFirst FCU. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, SchoolsFirst FCU, SchoolsFirst Investment Services or SchoolsFirst Retirement Planning. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
Not Insured by NCUA or Any Other Government Agency | Not Credit Union Guaranteed | Not Credit Union Deposits or Obligations | May Lose Value
Your Credit Union ("Financial Institution") provides referrals to financial professionals of LPL Financial LLC ("LPL") pursuant to an agreement that allows LPL to pay the Financial Institution for these referrals. This creates an incentive for the Financial Institution to make these referrals, resulting in a conflict of interest. The Financial Institution is not a current client of LPL for advisory services. Please visit www.lpl.com/disclosures/is-lpl-relationship-disclosure.html for more detailed information.
The LPL Financial registered representatives associated with this website may discuss and/or transact business only with residents of the states in which they are properly registered or licensed. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident of any other state.
- 2019 Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Membership Benefits Report for SchoolsFirst FCU. Source: Datatrac, NCUA, and CUNA.
- 2.1 credit union Members per household.
- A "Member household that participated in more products and services" is assumed to have a $30,000, 60-month new auto loan, a classic credit card with an average balance of $5,000, a $200,000, 30-year fixed rate mortgage (a 30- year fixed rate mortgage is replaced with a 5-year adjustable rate mortgage if it yields a greater benefit as it is assumed more in demand), $5,000 in an interest-bearing checking account, $10,000 in a one-year certificate account, and $2,500 in a money market account. Average amounts provided by CUNA Member Benefits Report.
- Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile provider.
- $1 charge per withdrawal for non-SchoolsFirst FCU/CO-OP Network ATMs. Other financial institutions or merchants may charge for use of their ATM or POS terminal.