We're dedicated to a single purpose: being champions for school employees and their families. Having served you for more than 85 years, we understand the financial challenges you face at school and home — whether it's getting through the summer without a paycheck, having to buy your own supplies or uniform, or wondering if your pension will be enough to retire — and design our products and services with you in mind.
What we offer school employees:
- Summer Saver or Paycheck Planner to help you set aside money for the months you don't receive a paycheck.
- 0% APR Uniform Loan and Classroom Supplies Loan.1
- A credit card with 1.5% cash back and interest-only payments during the summer.1
- A mortgage with no private mortgage insurance and a down payment as low as 5%.1
- An auto loan with a low, competitive rate and the option to skip two consecutive payments during the summer.1,2
- Third-party retirement plan administration services offering a variety of 403(b) options.3
- Retirement advisors who understand school employee pensions and how to best supplement them.3
- Once you join, your immediate family members can join too.
A different kind of bank
Unlike a bank, we don't work for profit. Although we offer many of the same products and services, we work for our Members, not shareholders. And we return earnings to you as lower rates on loans, higher rates on savings, low-to-no fees, and many complimentary services.
Do more with your money
You work hard for your money, and we want you to keep more of it. According to a recent report from the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), SchoolsFirst FCU provided more than an estimated $206 million in direct financial benefits to Members in 2019, resulting in a savings of $482 for every Member household. For Member households active in more products and services, the annual benefit grew to $1,824.4,5,6
Access your money anywhere
Deposit checks, pay bills, transfer money, and so much more with Mobile Banking. Plus, your ATM or debit card gives you free and unlimited use of more than 28,000 ATMs — more than any major bank — through a network of cooperative credit unions.
Membership for you and your family, for life
We serve educational communities in California. You're eligible to join if you are:
- A current or retired school employee living in California.
- An immediate family member of a SchoolsFirst FCU Member, including spouse, domestic partner, parent, sibling, child, grandparent or grandchild.
- An employee (living in California) of a company whose primary business is to provide a direct service to an eligible school or district in California.
- A college student enrolled in an eligible education program with a student teaching requirement.
And once you join, you're a Member for life — even if you change careers, retire or move out of state.
JOIN SCHOOLSFIRST FCU
We've been helping our Members fund life's most exciting journeys, greatest achievements, and proudest moments for over eight decades. Whatever you want your future to be, we can help you get there.
- All loans subject to approval.
- Interest will continue to accrue.
- Securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor. CBSI is under contract with SchoolsFirst Federal CU to make securities available to Members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, may lose value, no financial institution guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty states of the United States of America.
- 2019 Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Membership Benefits Report for SchoolsFirst FCU. Source: Datatrac, NCUA, and CUNA.
- 2.1 credit union Members per household.
- A “Member household that participated in more products and services” is assumed to have a $30,000, 60-month new auto loan, a classic credit card with an average balance of $5,000, a $200,000, 30-year fixed rate mortgage (a 30- year fixed rate mortgage is replaced with a 5-year adjustable rate mortgage if it yields a greater benefit as it is assumed more in demand), $5,000 in an interest-bearing checking account, $10,000 in a one-year certificate account, and $2,500 in a money market account. Average amounts provided by CUNA Member Benefits Report.