If you’re just getting started with credit, or need to re-establish it, this card could be the right first step.
How it works
- Complete a credit card application and credit qualify.
- Deposit into a dedicated savings account an amount that’s equal to the credit limit you want ($500 to $5,000).
- Use your card responsibly, for purchases just like any other credit card.
- Always pay your bill on time with no exceptions.
- Earn dividends on your deposit to steadily grow your savings.
- Periodically check your credit score and report to see your progress.
Once you’ve built credit, you may be eligible to trade up to an unsecured card with a lower rate and higher credit limit.
What you get
- Fixed rate at CLTYPE8500|T7|Rate APR
- No cash advance fee, annual fee, or balance transfer fee.
- EMV chip-enabled technology to help protect you from fraud.
- Apple Pay®, Google PayTM, and Samsung Pay.TM
- Free identity theft monitoring and alerts, emergency wallet replacement, and identity theft resolution services with Mastercard ID Theft Protection.TM1
- Enjoy access to Priceless® Cities, an exclusive benefit for Mastercard cardholders that offers one-of-a-kind experiences and adventures.
Log in to Online Banking to get started
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Subject to credit approval. SchoolsFirst FCU's credit card program features a range of variable interest rates based on a variety of factors, including the applicant's credit rating. Rates quoted are effective as of MM/DD/YYYY and are subject to change without notice. Foreign transaction fee: 2% of the transaction in U.S. dollars, includes Internet transactions made when you are in the United States, but the merchant processes the transaction in a foreign country.
- To bring you this benefit, Mastercard has partnered with Generali, a global leader in identity protection for over 15 years.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!