MECHANICAL REPAIR COVERAGE (MRC)
If you've ever faced unexpected car repair costs, you know the financial burden it can be. We offer Mechanical Repair Coverage, MRC, also known as Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI in California), to cover the costs of covered repairs (beyond regular maintenance and normal "wear and tear") for new or used eligible vehicles after your manufacturer's warranty expires. If you plan to keep your car for a while, or have a model that's expensive to fix, MRC could be a lifesaver.
Various levels of coverage and deductibles allow you to customize the right amount of protection at an affordable payment. MRC pays for parts and labor for any covered repair; you pay only the deductible (unlike other services that require you to pay upfront and wait to be reimbursed).
Get a quote before you buy — MRC is often less expensive than similar services offered by the dealer.
What you get with MEMBER'S CHOICE*
- Coverage for cars up to 15 model years old with less than 150,000 miles or up to 100,000 miles for Tesla and makes classified as European.
- Rental reimbursement during repair service.
- 24-hour, toll-free roadside assistance (towing, jump starts, tire changing, lock outs and more).
- Acceptance from thousands of authorized dealerships in the US and Canada.
- A choice of different levels of coverage and deductible amounts.
- Ability to transfer coverage in a private party sale.1
- Cancelable at any time for a pro-rata refund.2
- A price that is often less expensive than the dealer.
*Exclusions and limitations apply. Contact us for important details of coverage.
GET A QUOTE
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Mechanical Repair Coverage is provided and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except CA, where coverage is offered as insurance by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in WA, where coverage is provided by National Product Care Company and administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., in FL, and OK, where coverage is provided and administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023 and Oklahoma License #44198051), all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago Illinois 60604, 866-502-1868. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In CA, where Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance form MBIC-CA (08/16), it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. Coverage varies by state. Replacement parts may be used or remanufactured. Be sure to read the Vehicle Service Contract or the Insurance Policy which will explain the exact terms, conditions, and exclusions of this voluntary product. MRC-3334812.1-1120-1222.
- $50 fee applies.
- $25 fee or 10% of the refund amount, whichever is less. Borrowers may receive a full refund on cancellations made within 60 days if no claims have been paid.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!