RATE LOCK INFORMATION
A rate lock provides you the opportunity to secure the interest rate and term of your mortgage application. A rate lock offers peace of mind in the event of rate fluctuations that may occur during the processing of your loan.
Rate Lock Period
- The standard rate lock-in period is 45 days.
- A fully executed purchase agreement identifying a property for purchase is required on purchase transactions.
- Rate lock requests may be made during the Real Estate Lending department's regular business hours which include 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Rate Lock Impact Factors
A change in your loan characteristics, including but not limited to the following may cause the interest rate and, if applicable, any discount points to be modified:
- The loan-to-value or sales price of your property increases.
- The requested loan type or term changes.
- The property type changes.
- Your credit score decreases or the occupancy plans for the property change.
- You request a loan amount increase.
- A negative change in your monthly income or other financial sources.
If you would like to request a rate lock or have related questions, please call our real estate loan consultants at (800) 462-8328, ext. 8288, option 1. The consultants can be reached during their regular business hours which include, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. or Saturday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!
Not a Member?
Joining SchoolsFirst FCU is quick and easy. Apply for Membership today.