COLLEGE SAVER SHARE CERTIFICATE
Our College Saver Share Certificate works well if you're new to investing (or not comfortable with it), or your children are only a few years from college. It's like a bank Certificate of Deposit (CD); you put money away for a period of time, and in exchange for leaving it untouched, earn a higher rate than traditional savings.
Family members — or even the student themselves — can open one and making contributions at any time, making it also a great way to involve your kids in their own college savings.
How it works
- Open one with as little as $200.
- Make unlimited deposits at any time.
- Renew it every 12 months until the student reaches age 18.
- Rest assured your savings are safe because they're federally insured up to $250,000.
- Use a College Saver Share Certificate alone or in addition to other college savings.
How to qualify
- Be a family member of a student under age 18.
- Be a student under age 18.
OPEN AN ACCOUNT
Call (800) 462-8328
Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Required to earn advertised APY. Early withdrawal of any principal amount during a certificate term will result in a substantial forfeiture of earned or projected dividends. Penalties for early withdrawals may reduce your principal balance. Rate quoted is effective as of
and subject to change daily. Available only on Junior Varsity and Varsity Accounts. The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), an arm of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), federally insures SchoolsFirst FCU Members' deposits to the standard maximum share insurance amount of $250,000.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!
Not a Member?
Joining SchoolsFirst FCU is quick and easy. Apply for Membership today.