A 529 is a good option because the plan can be opened by anyone — parents, grandparents, other family members, friends — and contributions limits are higher than most other college savings plans
The plan invests in mutual funds that are subject to stock market fluctuations.
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
How it works
- Make after-tax annual contributions up to $75,000 per individual or $150,000 per married couple.
- Set up automatic contributions and increase amounts at any time.
- Use a 529 alone or in addition to other college savings.
- Watch your savings grow tax-deferred.1
- Make tax-free withdrawals as long as you use the money for qualified education expenses.
How to qualify
- No annual income restrictions.
- Anyone — not just parents or family members — can open one.
Saving for college can be intimidating, especially if you’re not sure when or how to start. But it doesn’t have to be. Our licensed financial advisors can help you devise a plan you can afford.
Meet with an advisor
Set up a meeting with a financial advisor.
Call 800.462.8328 ext. 4116, Option 2
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Securities are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered broker-dealer(member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union and SchoolsFirst Investment Services registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using SchoolsFirst Investment Services and may also be employees of SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union or SchoolsFirst Investment Services. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
Not Insured by NCUA or Any Other Government Agency | Not Credit Union Guaranteed | Not Credit Union Deposits or Obligations | May Lose Value
The LPL Financial registered representatives associated with this website may discuss and/or transact business only with residents of the states in which they are properly registered or licensed. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident of any other state.
- This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax advisor.