SPECIAL CURRICULUM LOANS
If you’re a school employee aspiring to further your career with an advanced educational program or professional certificate, don’t be discouraged by the price tag. Our Special Curriculum Loans for school employees can help you pay for tuition, books, and other expenses.
- Fixed and Variable rate options
- Fixed rate loan amounts up to $15,000
- Variable rate loan amounts up to $50,0003
- Rates as low as CLTYPE2960|T7|Rate APR1
How to qualify
- Be a school employee
- Have proof of enrollment in an approved program
- Complete a Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form
- Have a SchoolsFirst FCU account in good standing
TEACHING CREDENTIAL LOANS
These loans are designed for school employees enrolled in approved California Commission on Teaching Credentialing or National Board for Professional Teaching Standards career advancement programs.
Teacher Induction Loan
Helps teachers who are pursuing a Clear Teaching Credential pay for Induction program expenses.
Teacher Certification Loan (NBPTS)
Designed to assist teachers pursuing advanced certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
Paraprofessional Teacher Training Program (PTTP) Loan
Assists school employees who are pursuing a teaching credential and are enrolled in a PTTP.
ADDITIONAL CREDENTIAL LOANS
Like a teaching credential loan, these loans are designed for school employees enrolled in approved California Commission on Teaching Credentialing or National Board for Professional Teaching Standards career advancement programs.
Education Specialist Program/Teaching Credential
Provides support for teachers to pay for an Education Specialist Credential, Added Credential, and Added Authorization Programs.
Career and Technical Education Credential Program
Provides support to aspiring and current teachers to obtain their CTE credential.
Administrative Services Credential Program
For current administrators who are pursuing a Clear administrative credential (Tier II).
Preliminary Administrative Credential Program
Designed for educators pursuing a career in administration (principal). Plus, make no payments for the first 12 months.2
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS
These loans were created for school employees who are enrolled in approved higher-education programs.
Doctorate of Education in Educational Leadership (CSU)
A three-year CSU course of study leading to a Doctorate of Education in Educational Leadership.
Masters in Speech and Language Pathology
A two-year program for enrollees in any Masters in Speech and Language Pathology advanced degree program. Candidates must have an employment agreement with their district office.
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
APR = Annual Percentage Rate. All rates and programs are valid as of MM/DD/YYYY. Rates, terms, and conditions may vary based on creditworthiness and qualifications. All loans subject to approval. Maximum loan term based upon amount financed.
- Rate reflects a 0.75% discount for payment by automatic transfer from your SchoolsFirst FCU account. Terms and conditions may vary based on creditworthiness, amount financed and program qualifications. Estimated monthly payments per $100: 1) 60-month 3.25% APR loan $1.81; 2) 24-month 3.25% APR loan $4.31
- The Preliminary Administrative Credential Loan has an initial 12-month deferment period, followed by a 48-month payment term. Interest will accrue during the 12-month deferment period.
- Rate and payment subject to increase after loan is funded. Interest only payments for the first 5 years, then fully amortized up to 10 years. Terms and conditions may vary based on creditworthiness, amount financed and program qualifications. For a $25,000 variable rate loan with a 5.25% APR, the estimated monthly payment for the 5-year interest only period is $109; the estimated monthly payment for the 10-year amortized (principal and interest) period is $268.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!