STRS/PERS RETIREMENT CREDITS PERSONAL LOAN
If you’re a participant in the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS) or California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), you may be eligible to buy service credits to increase your monthly retirement benefit.
Your retirement benefits are based on your age at retirement, salary, and “service credit” you earned for the time you worked. You can see your balance in your most recent STRS Retirement Progress Report or PERS Annual Member Statement.
Eligible school employees can buy additional service credits to increase their retirement benefits.
If you aren’t able to pay for service credits in a lump sum or with a rollover from a qualified plan, our low-interest STRS/PERS Retirement Credits Personal Loan is an affordable option.
Your STRS or PERS benefits specialist can help you calculate costs, estimate your benefits, and decide if buying credits is right for you.
How it works
- Use to purchase additional service credits to increase your retirement benefits.
- Borrow up to $25,000.
- Enjoy a rate as low as 5.40% APR (SEE ALL RATES).
- Choose a term to fit your budget, up to 60 months.1
How to qualify
- Be a school employee.
- Complete a loan application and credit check.
- Provide a copy of your STRS or PERS confirmation letter.
HOW TO APPLY
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
APR = Annual Percentage Rate. All loans subject to approval.
Rate reflects a 0.75% discount for payment made by automatic transfer from your SchoolsFirst FCU Savings or Checking account. Rate quoted is effective as of MM/DD/YYYY and is subject to change.
- Estimated monthly payments per $100: 1) 36-month 5.40% APR loan $3.02; 2.) 48-month 6.40% APR loan $2.37; 3.) 60-month 7.40% APR loan $2.00
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!