529 Plan is offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.1, a broker/dealer focused on serving credit union members. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is an affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group.
A 529 is a good option because the plan can be opened by anyone — parents, grandparents, other family members, friends — and contributions limits are higher than most other college savings plans.
The plan invests in mutual funds or similar investments, and even small amounts can add up over time because of the power of compounding interest.
How it works
- Open one with a little as $250.
- Make after-tax annual contributions up to $75,000 per individual or $150,000 per married couple.
- Set up automatic contributions and increase amounts at any time.
- Use a 529 alone or in addition to other college savings.
- Watch your savings grow tax-deferred.2
- Make tax-free withdrawals as long as you use the money for qualified education expenses.
How to qualify
- No annual income restrictions.
- Anyone — not just parents or family members — can open one.
Saving for college can be intimidating, especially if you’re not sure when or how to start. But it doesn’t have to be. Our licensed financial advisors can help you devise a plan you can afford.
529 Plan is offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.1, a broker/dealer focused on serving credit union Members. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is an affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group. For more information about CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc., please visit cunabrokerage.com.
Meet with an advisor
Set up a meeting with a financial advisor.1
Call 800.462.8328 ext. 4116, Option 2
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Contact us by email at email@example.com.
Check the background of our investment professionals on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
- Financial Professionals are registered representatives of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, may lose value, no financial institution guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty States of the United States of America.
- Please consult a qualified tax professional for tax advice on your specific circumstances.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!