It's never too early to start helping your kids develop good financial habits. Get them going in the right direction with a Junior Varsity Club Membership, for children ages 0–12, or the Varsity Club Membership, for teens ages 13–17.
What your kids get (ages 0–17)
- A dividend-earning savings account with a low minimum balance of $5.1
- An ATM card (with parent's approval).2
- Available College Saver Share Certificate, with a low minimum opening deposit of $200 and the ability to make additional deposits at any time.3
Other features, only for teens (13–17)
- ATM withdrawals with age-appropriate daily limits: $40 for ages 13–15 and $100 for ages 16–17.
- ATM purchases up to $100 a day (ages 16–17 with a Free Checking account).
- Ability to apply for the Youth Debit Mastercard®.4
- Ability to open a Free Checking account at age 16.
OPEN A MEMBERSHIP
Log in to Online Banking and start an application from Quick Links.
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Junior Varsity Club Memberships (age 12 and under) require a parent/legal guardian joint owner on all shares; Varsity Club Memberships (age 13–17) require a parent/legal guardian joint owner on certain products and services.
- Variable rate, subject to change after account opening. The annual percentage yield is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date.
- Only ATM deposits allowed for JV Club Memberships.
- Limit one 12-Month College Saver Share Certificate per minor. Minimum opening deposit is $200. Unlimited additional deposits. Penalty for early withdrawal.
- Youth Debit Mastercard available to Members age 13–17 with a valid ID and email address. Youth Debit Share requires: 1) a parent/legal guardian to be a joint owner within all shares on the Membership; 2) a $25 minimum deposit to open the Youth Debit Share; and 3) Subject to ChexSystems review. Minors age 0–12 may establish a Junior Varsity Membership (with parent/legal guardian as joint owner on all shares within the Membership), but are not eligible for Youth Debit Share and Youth Debit Mastercard.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!