MEMBER EDUCATION AWARD ELIGIBILITY
Please read carefully before completing the application.
Who May Apply
- Graduating high school seniors
- Undergraduate freshman or sophomore college students who attend an accredited college and have no more than 60 college credits
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a SchoolsFirst FCU Member with their own Member number
- Have an unweighted1 grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or above
- Be registered at an accredited college/university for the Fall 2022 term
- Be a participant in community affairs and a responsible member of society, having characteristic traits such as reliability and integrity
Members of SchoolsFirst FCU’s "Official Family" (SchoolsFirst FCU staff, volunteers, and their immediate family members) are not eligible to participate in the Member Education Award.
How To Apply
Submit your online application between December 1, 2021 and January 31, 2022. Only online applications will be accepted.
Provide the below required documents by mail or email (see instructions below) no later than January 31, 2022:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation:
- One from a teacher or administrator who is familiar with the applicant’s academic performance. Either a completed Teacher/Administrator Letter of Recommendation Form2 or a formal letter on school letterhead which addresses the four criterion on the Form2 will be accepted.
- One from a community member outside the school setting who is familiar with the applicant’s participation in community activities, and who is not related to the applicant. Either a completed Community Member Letter of Recommendation Form2 or a formal letter which addresses the four criterion on the Form2 will be accepted.
- Official High School Transcripts.3 (copies not accepted) (all applicants including college students)
- Official College Transcripts3, if applicable. (copies not accepted) (freshman and sophomore applicants only; please provide most current transcripts)
All required documents may be submitted by mail or email:
SchoolsFirst FCU Member Relations Committee (MEA)
Attn: School & Community Relations
P.O. Box 11547
Santa Ana, CA 92711-1547
Must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2022.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing transcripts, they must reference 'MEA Required Documents' in the subject line and come from an official digital credential service (i.e. Parchment) or directly from the school or university Registrar office.
If emailing letters of recommendation, they can come from the person recommending the student.
Must be received no later than January 31, 2022.
We encourage you to view your submitted application status regularly to ensure all required documents have been received. Status is updated at the end of each business day.
- Deadline for completed online application: January 31, 2022.
- Deadline for required documents: January 31, 2022.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Incomplete applications, applications submitted later than January 31, 2022, and required documents submitted later than January 31, 2022 by email or postmarked later than January 31, 2022 will not be considered.
- All applicable fields on the online application must be completed. If a section does not apply to you, please leave blank.
- Required documents must either be:
- Mailed to SchoolsFirst FCU Member Relations Committee (MEA), Attn: School & Community Relations, P. O. Box 11547, Santa Ana, CA 92711-1547; or
- Emailed to email@example.com. If emailing transcripts, they must reference 'MEA Required Documents' in the subject line and come from an official digital credential service (i.e. Parchment) or directly from the school or university Registrar office. If emailing letters of recommendation, they can come from the person recommending the student.
- Only official transcripts will be accepted.3 Copies will not be accepted.
- Applicants are advised to carefully select those people who will complete the letters of recommendation; it is imperative that these letters are original, current, and accurately and articulately communicate the applicant’s qualities and achievements.
- Please do not submit additional personal reference pages other than the two required letters of recommendation.
Receiving a Member Education Award
Winners of the 2022 Member Education Award will be announced in mid-May 2022.
Eligible applications will be evaluated, and specific award amounts will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Grade point average
- Difficulty of courses completed
- Letters of recommendation
- Community involvement
- School involvement
- Leadership positions
We are accepting applications no later than January 31, 2022.
- An unweighted GPA excludes any extra points given for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or Honors courses.
- Adobe Acrobat reader is required to view and print PDF files and can be downloaded for free from the Adobe Systems Incorporated web site. PDF format allows you to view your form electronically on most computers.
- We do not keep documents from previous years. Transcripts must be re-submitted each year.