Key Questions to Ask a Real Estate Agent
Whether you are buying or selling a home, a real estate agent can be a valuable asset in the process. Getting to know your agent is important, as he/she will play a main role in your home transaction. Below is a list of questions you should plan to ask any real estate agent you are considering.
- How do you plan on advertising my home? This is one of the most important questions to ask a real estate agent. You need to find out what plan is typically used for getting information about your home out to the public (e.g. Internet, newspapers, real estate magazines).
- Do you have your own Web site with pictures of your current listings? Since most people now use the Internet as a search tool, find out what online channels the agency typically uses.
- Do you have any support staff? If the real estate agent has assistants, especially licensed assistants, the detail work is made easier so the agent will have more time to work for you.
- How do you operate open houses? Open houses typically require sellers to be out of the house for long periods of time. You need to know how often the real estate agent plans to have open houses, what day(s) of the week, and how long they will last so you can make plans accordingly.
- Do you have a reference list of past clients? Contact several of the real estate agentís previous clients to see how satisfied they were with the service.
- Do you work full-time as a real estate agent? If this is a part-time or second job for the, the agent might not be able to provide the quality of service you need.
- What is your average time to sell a home and what percent of your listings sell? If the agent claims to be reputable, he/she should willingly provide this information.
- What is your commission percentage? You need to know how much compensation the real estate agent requires for his/her services.
Looking to buy or sell a home? We can help you with highly competitive loan options and save you money on your real estate agentís sales commission through our Real Estate Agent Rebate Program
. For more information, call our real estate loan consultants at 714.258.4000 or 800.462.8328, extension 8236.